Friday, September 12, 2008

Love You Forever

 

Another favorite nighttime read.  The twins, especially Sammy, adore this book to pieces.  Even when he was much younger--eight or nine months old he would hear me read this book and be mesmerized.  Here we are ten months later and it is still no different.

Sabrina likes this one too, but Sammy will choose between this one and two others most of the time.  He definitely has his favorites.  He brings it to me, knowing that I will read it, using the same tone and inflection that I used when I read it to him when he was a tiny baby.

I just love this story.  Some people might find it odd, but it is truly just the telling of a mother's love for her son.  Only a mother knows that love.

But I too, know the love I have for my daughter.

I'll love you forever

I'll like you for always

As long as I'm living

My baby you'll be......

Yes, though my babies are growing up and getting bigger, they will always still be my babies, no matter when they are eighteen months old, or eighteen years old.

Sigh. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have that book, it is so sweet. Love the pics of the twins together, so CUTE!!

Ashley said...

Aw, awesome post! That's a great book.

I love seeing the twins' relationship through your pictures :)