Monday, December 29, 2008

They've taken over......

It has been sooooo long since I last blogged!  I have several things to catch up on, but too much for one entry. Every day either Sam and Sabrina do something that is blog worthy or camera worthy, but the camera usually wins.  After they are in bed, I'm usually too tired to blog.

But I have a spare moment and the motivation to write, so here it is!

The title "they've taken over" stands for the twins taking over the house....finally....and all of it.  You see, I'm a bit of a paranoid person and I prefer to have them within my eye distance almost all the time.  I'm a worrier and a bit of a control freak at times.  So I do what those people do best--set up gates and baby proof carefully, making sure that each little thing is safe....control what I can (for lack of a better word!)  When the twins were little babies, we stayed in the family room most of the day--unless we ventured outside or to the park.  Eventually, they took over the entire family room and kitchen--we thought they needed more space.  Then they got an extra room upstairs next to their nursery as added space.

A couple of weeks ago we sold our dining room set because we didn't love it anymore and we wanted more "safe" room for them to roam.  And now, the formal living room is opened up and basically the only things off limits in the entire house are the stairs (unless assisted) and the bathrooms (unless for potty).

So yes, they've officially taken over.

And I like it. 

I like that everything is "safe", except for trips and falls.  I like that I can throw a load of clothes in the washer and know that they are okay.  I like that I've grown as a mommy to let them have some independence in their own home.  And goodness knows, they have earned it.

Gone are the days of putting an infant in one spot and knowing that they pretty much won't move.  Instead, the days of little feet running, laughter, and twin talk is here.   The days of REAL words and conversations is here to stay as well.  And I know it will only get better.

I'll make a better effort to get some of our wonderful moments written more often. 

Because they are so very worth it............

No comments: