Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Stubborn, but sweet

Sammy is a stubborn boy.  He is patient, but oh so stubborn.

If he sees something that he wants, he is relentless.  He doesn't throw a fit like my precious daughter, but keeps coming back for his prize.   He waits and waits and waits, but doesn't forget.  He just waits until he can make a move.  Example:  When I give them a bath, I put the shampoo, baby wash, and big cup thingy that I use to rinse their hair, right outside the tub.

He is obsessed with the big cup thingy, which I am sure has a real name.Every time he is in the tub he spies it.  And waits for the exact moment to make his move.  He'll wait until I am shampooing Sabrina or washing her up and try and climb out of the tub.  And he doesn't stop until the big cup thingy is in his possession.

It isn't just the big cup thingy either......if something is on the counter that I swore I moved back far enough, he gets it.  His arms go into super stretch mode and he doesn't stop until he gets what he wants......quiet and diligent, but ever so sneaky.

Luckily, I fall into a category of "things Sammy wants", most of the time.  Today, I was trying to make dinner in the kitchen and he just kept following me around, grabbing my legs, until I picked him up. 

I looked at him.

He looked at me.

He smiled. 

He had gotten his prize.

And then ever so gently, rested his head upon my shoulder.

Sigh.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I can relate - Hayden is very determined, too. I read somewhere that when LO's this age are getting into things, if "no" doesn't work then you need to distract them by giving them something else to think about. HA! Hayden doesn't forget that he was on a mission and is sure to go back to whatever he was trying to do as soon as I sit back down.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos! Evan is the same, I had everything pushed back on the counters and now he can maneuver to get to anything!

Kristen said...

Oh Rachel - you always make me cry a little, but I still keep coming back for more. Love you & those babies!