Sunday, May 11, 2008

A letter to my babies on mother's day.

My dearest Sam and Sabrina,

Today is mother's day. It is a day that is celebrated for mother's everywhere. We, as mothers, are allowed to do whatever we choose on mother's day.....sleep late, have breakfast made for us, lounge around......or do our normal daily activities. We can do as we please on this day.

When I think about this day though, I obviously think about you two. You both made me a mother. In more than just the biological sense. Yes, you both grew in my tummy. Yes, I gave birth to you. And yes, the day of your birth was the best day of my life. But being a mother is so much more than that.

You've shown me in the last fourteen months how to love more as a person, have more patience, and enjoy more of life's simple pleasures. You both look at the world through innocent and untarnished eyes--every day is a new adventure and I get to go on it with you.

A dandelion is not a weed to either of you. It is a bright, colorful stick that you can grab and put in your mouth if mommy isn't looking. Bubbles aren't just soap, they are big circles that can fly. How do they do that, you must wonder. You don't dread waking up early in the morning, you laugh and wake up with smiles. How wonderful is your life? Simply fabulous.

But as wonderful as your life is, you have made mine ten times better. I get to relive childhood innocence through both of you......look at things brand new like you do......and laugh when I wake up because I hear you both giggling.

So while I appreciate being able to sleep in on this mother's day, I really thank you for coming into the world and choosing me to be your mama. Always remember how much I loved you before you got here, love you so much right now, and will always love you forever.

Love with hugs and kisses to my little babies,

Mama

twins2 copy

No comments: