Thursday, August 7, 2008

Mumma! Mumma! Mumma!

"Yes, Sabrina?"

She puts her arms up.

I pick her up.

She is content.

This is the game we play on a daily basis and I love it, though I won't tell Sabrina that.  She could be quite content playing in the family room and if I sneak away to get some coffee, prep a meal, or check an email, she knows.

She comes running at full force and stops about 1/2 inch away from my legs and will promptly yell at me.  "Mumma!  Mumma!"  I spell it that way because she doesn't really say "Mama", but it sounds like "mum-ah".  Which is the sweetest sound to my ears.  That and Sammy's high pitched squeal when he is in a really good mood.

"Borrowing" from Van Morrison....

These are the days of the endless summer
These are the days, the time is now
There is no past, there's only future
There's only here, there's only now

Ah yes, these are the days.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My son (almost 8 months) recently said mama for the first time, only he says it "Mumma" too which cracked me up. Of course, he only says my name when he is upset but I am sure that will change eventually...

Amy said...

Precious!

P.S. Tag, your it! See my blog for details: http://onemomsquest.blogspot.com/2008/08/ive-been-tagged.html