Friday, August 22, 2008

Oh, my heart.

My heart jumped into my throat last night.  Perhaps this can be best summed about by letters I have wrote to my dear, precious, darling, children.

Dear Sammy,

Honey, as much as I love you, I must implore you to never repeat what you did last night.  You nearly gave mommy a heart attack, which I can explain what that is when you are old enough.  Please, don't ever again stick your hand into the crack of the refrigerator door while I have it open.  Come around like you normally do and try to steal bottles of salad dressing and ketchup.

Why, you must wonder, does mommy ask you not to do such a thing?  Because your tiny hand could be squished in that door my darling.  You have pointed out another simple task that I do every single day can be dangerous to you.  Thank goodness I saw you before I shut the door all the way.  Thank you for keeping me aware.

Your wrist and hand is fine, thank goodness.  I know you want to be adventurous when it comes to the fridge, but please, let's not repeat this incident.  I like your hand and wrist just the way they are.

Love,

Mama

 

Dear Sabrina,

While I am tending to your brother in the midst of an emergency, try not to become enthused with the air vent that leads to the family room.  It's not really a fun toy, trust me.

You didn't even realize it, but while playing near it, you got your foot too close and got a scratch.  Again, mommy's heart jumped into her throat.  Luckily, a Band-Aid sufficed.  I know you think it is fun to scare mommy so much, but really, I can only handle one "almost bad accident" at a time.

Or at least give me five minutes to recover.

In any event, a new air vent has already been purchased to protect you from further vent investigating.

Love,

Mama

 

Oh yeah, it was a fun Thursday night evening at my house.

Thank goodness Dada is now home.

No comments: