Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Forever Ago

Once upon a time, I had time to write.

It seems I do not have that time any more.

Don't get me wrong, I love the twins more than words will ever express (and that is usually who I write about anyway), but at the end of the night, I am truly exhausted. It seems all I can do is tidy up the kitchen and dishes, check some online stuff, work on any pics if I have them, and I am so ready for bed.

They are pure joy, but exhausting at times! Especially more so lately......I believe they are reaching the peak of seperation anxiety--which means leaving them for a moment to go to the bathroom, grab a load of laundry, etc......sometimes doesn't happen because they don't want to see me go......even for a minute.

How wonderful it is to be loved that way.

Since they have been born, they have shown us their unique personalities. Sabrina, even one week old, had a fierce cry that could shatter glass. Sammy was always the more patient and willing one.

And oh, how this rings true today. Sabrina is full of emotion, more so lately than ever. If she wants it and can't have it she starts to cry.....then looks for the reaction. "Do I have them wrapped?" I can hear her thinking this in her head. And she does.

Today we were shopping at Target and she wanted out of the cart.....so I took her out while we were in the aisle and held her. But she wanted DOWN. So, for a brief moment (Jason had Sammy) I let her walk around the aisle.....but when it was time to move, I picked her up. Um, no.....the girl was not having it. She has NEVER thrown a tantrum in a store--ever! And it probably wasn't really a tantrum--but I had to do something to distract her so I started dancing with her right in the aisle. That calmed her. And then she realized she wanted down again. Yeah, it was time for us to go.

And my Sammy. I love both of them so much, but he is totally a mama's boy. He will crawl right up in my lap and snuggle with me......she does it too, but he does more often. He loves to cuddle. He is not quite there on the walking yet, but he gets where he needs to go by crawling ultra fast--we call him turbo.

It's so funny how they both have their little quirks and we can watch it on a daily basis. I think Sabrina is nearing the point where she doesn't want me to feed her anymore, yet she knows when something is pureed, so she'll let me feed her then. Sammy will eat by himself, but it's like he knows it's easier if mama gives it to him. So cute.

And I can't believe that just a little over a year ago we brought home two babies that weighed just over six pounds each. Now Sammy is a little over 23 lbs. and she a little over 18 lbs.

I just can't believe how fast they have grown............

How much I love them............

How much I miss them when they are away from me........

And how much I truly do love being a mom.........even if it barely gives me time to write.

No comments: