Thursday, March 27, 2008

My head would fall off

If it wasn't connected to my body.

I swear this is true.

Today I was feeding the babies their afternoon snack. While they were snacking, I decided to cook up some rice for me to eat. So, I gave them their snack, boiled the rice and water, turned it on low and went to entertain the babies.

It was very close to their nap time so after their snack I took them upstairs and laid them down to sleep.

Now nap time for mommies is a rush of trying to get things done. Well, for me it is anyway! So I am putting things away in the kitchen, dishes, etc. I decided to check my email real quick. Then I go back to the kitchen to finish up some stuff.

I smell something.

Oh.

I left the rice on the stove while it was still cooking. For a good solid forty minutes.

Joy.

The rice went down the drain and a peanut butter sandwich took it's place.

I shouldn't be allowed to use the stove anymore. :)

No comments: