Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Since having the babies

Since have the babies I apparently have developed some odd habits, particularly night time ones.

Snoring.

Snoring so loudly that Jason had to go sleep on the couch the other night.

Oops.

I really don't 100% believe him, as most people that snore rarely admit it. But how would I know anyway? I did not snore before the babies came, unless I had a really bad cold. But I did moan in my sleep when I got pregnant. Now any of you with dirty minds stop right there.....it was an annoying kind of moan, like humming over and over again. I do actually remember doing that a few times because it woke me up.

So, this made me think about all the changes that have happened since I got pregnant and since I know no one else is keeping count but me......here are the big changes that have happened to my body, mind, and spirit since having the little ones. I would consider these changes to be a combination of good, odd, and well.....just wonderful.

**A super fantastic sense of smell......this started when I was pregnant. Jason coined this "Prego Super Power Number One" because I could smell everything and anything that came within a five mile radius to me. And it usually made me nauseous. Okay, so I might be exaggerating there, but you get the drift.

**A super fantastic sense of hearing...........I could hear anything. Which did not mean good things in an argument for Jason.....if anything was said under the breath I heard it anyway! But I could pick up sounds that he couldn't always hear unless he was closer. Weird.

**Feet growth! I swear from the moment of conception to the moment of birth my poor feet more than doubled in size. Seriously. At the end of my pregnancy when I went in for my appointments, the nurses would give me the most sympathetic look that you could ever give a pregnant woman. I will never, EVER be able to put into words what my feet and ankles looked like. Imagine Lake Michigan......retained in my feet.

**The aforementioned sleep issues. The moaning, where did that come from? It wasn't great because it interrupted even my sleep, which I was desperately trying to save up in the form of a savings account. It didn't matter in the end, but I have no idea what that was about.

**The ummmmm, extra baggage around my middle. I won't be gross or anything, but let's just say there is way more than I would ever need. Nuff said.

**My loss of memory. This is totally true and I would change this one even before my weight. I can't remember squat anymore! I've invested in a planner again because if I don't write it down, it might not happen. And I am as anal retentive as they come in regards to being on time, making appointments, and so on. This is not good.

**My ability to cry at the drop of a hat. Usually, it is because a baby is around or on a movie screen. I don't cry at my own, unless they do something incredibly sweet (an everyday occurrence) or any of the following: was born, first cry, first smile, first roll over, first word.....oh you get it! I'm a MAMA! My point is that other babies make me cry sometimes too! They are just too precious and remind me of how sweet this time is.

But out of all these things, the biggest and best change that has ever happened to me is..............


Sam and Sabrina.

Of course, I would have gained another 70 pounds, sold all my old normal size shoes and gave up my super prego powers to have them over again in a heartbeat.

They have changed my life for the better in so many ways that they will never know.

So to my dear and loving husband, snoring just may be a new part of me. But it came with a package deal with the babies. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

way to go on keeping up with your blog. i comment more, but gotta go. E is eating out of the wastepaper basktet!

Jill