Sunday, April 20, 2008

The sweetest kiss........

Today I was on major laundry duty.  With Jason just getting back into town and leaving again tomorrow I had some catching up to do.  Add in all of the twins new summer clothes that haven't been washed, plus their normal laundry and I am backed up.

So I was folding clothes in the family room while the babies were playing.  They love helping me do laundry:  each of them takes an article of clothing out of the basket, walks with it somewhere in the room and deposits the item and comes back for more.  I quit trying to get them to stop a long time ago.  They think they are helping mama and really, it's not a big deal.

Sammy got tired of taking clothes out of the basket and sat about five feet away from me.  But Sabrina, ever so diligently, continuously removed clothing from the basket.  On one of her rounds back to me she veered off for Sammy.

Lately they have gotten into wrestling (they both laugh hysterically) and tapping each others heads (I think they are trying to be nice, but it doesn't always come out that way).  So I am getting ready to break up a potential tiff. 

She sat down in front of him on her knees.  She crawled towards him.  I'm watching with curiosity, wondering what she is doing.  Then she half puckered, half opened her mouth and kept going in.

She was trying to give her brother a kiss.

In the history of sweetest things I have ever witnessed, that will be going on the top ten list.

I just love being a mama.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

OHHHH MY GOSH, how sweet! I'm tearing up and wanting twins now. Why Rachel, why? I should have known I would end up crying after reading one of your blogs :). That was a super sweet story, thanks for sharing!

Ashley

Anonymous said...

so so sweet. can't wait for you to catch that on camera!

carrie said...

That is the cutest thing ever! :)

Kristen said...

Aw, that girl has a heart of gold.