Tuesday, April 1, 2008

And it starts

Today the twins and I dropped Jason off at the airport today. Of course we were both bummed. Two weeks is a long time. After we gave him hugs and kisses I took the babies on a long ride so they could get their afternoon nap in.......we kept them up from their afternoon one so daddy could play with them just a bit longer before he had to go.

He has had to travel for business before, but never for this long. I'm the tough gal, with the "I can do it" attitude. The truth is, I have to keep myself busy every second trying not to think that we haven't gotten through a whole day yet. And with twins, keeping busy is pretty easy.

Babe--I know you're gonna be reading this, but be forewarned--it's all about you! :)

It's funny how he has only been gone a few hours, yet I am missing him so much. After the babies went to bed (not easily tonight, I might add), I cleaned up the kitchen, tossed a load of laundry in, and was getting ready to take out the trash when I popped on here. I feel like I don't know what to do with myself. And like I mentioned, it's not even one full day.

I really have to give it up to people who travel so much away from their family. More travel is a possibility in the future with his job, but we will have the option to go with him later on. I really can't imagine having a husband in the military who would have to be away for long periods of time. I gotta give those wives and families so much credit.

It's not that I can't do the job of taking care of the babies, dogs, and house......it just feels that a part of me is missing. I'm a little lonely already, isn't that funny?

Okay, I better stop before I get overly emotional.

But I love and miss you my hubby......my fruitcake. (inside joke there for others wondering)

No comments: