Thursday, April 17, 2008

Welcome Home

 

Jason is home, safe and sound, thank goodness.

He arrived at metro around 5:00ish (am) and took a cab home.....so when he got home there was really only about 1 1/2-2 hours and then the twins would be up for the day.  He fell into bed, exhausted.

I had told him previously that he could get some extra sleep in and just come down and see them later.  So during their morning snack time, I heard daddy puttering down the stairs.

"Who's that?"  I asked Sam and Sabrina.  "Dada's home!"  I exclaimed.

They both got little smiles on their faces when I said that.  But when they saw Jason if they could have unbuckled themselves out of their chairs and ran to them, they would have.  Their smiles stretched from ear to ear.  They were beyond excited to see their daddy.

I got Sammy out first and he clung on to Jason like he never has.  His head rested on his fathers shoulder and he smiled while he talked to him.  Sabrina was letting it known that she wanted to see her dada too.  "Dadoo!  Dadoo!"  she yelled.  She got her hugs in also and clung on to daddy.

As we were laying them down for their morning nap not longer after, I could sense Jason's sadness.  He loves his job and he is providing for his family, making leaps and bounds in his career.  But as we were putting them to sleep he said,

"You have no idea different they look."

Sure this was hard for me, doing this pretty much alone for the past two weeks.  I relied on friends and family.  But I did feel for my sweet hubby, being away from me and his two babies.  He's right, they don't look different to me.  But I understand completely what he means.

He was worried that they would forget who he was.  I think all of that was erased with the excitement they showed when they saw him and clung on to him all day long.

Welcome home, dada.  We missed you dearly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Jason!